Author Topic: How can I copy my case settings from one case to new case?  (Read 3984 times)

Offline pitney1

• Searching for solution
    • View Profile
Advertisement
I want to copy one case to a new case in Fluent. How can I do that?

Offline infocfd

• Searching for solution
    • View Profile
Re: How can I copy my case settings from one case to new case?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 10:26:52 AM »
Save all currently defined boundary conditions to a file, enter the write-bc text command and specify a name for the file.

file -> write-bc

FLUENT writes the boundary conditions, the solver, and model settings to a file using the same format as the "zone'' section of the case file.

To read boundary conditions from a file and to apply them to the corresponding zones in your model, enter the read-bc text command.

file -> read-bc

FLUENT sets the boundary conditions in the current model by comparing the zone name associated with each set of conditions in the file with the zone names in the model. If the model does not contain a matching zone name for a set of boundary conditions, those conditions are ignored.

If you read boundary conditions into a model that contains a different mesh topology (e.g., a cell zone has been removed), check the conditions at boundaries within and adjacent to the region of the topological change. This is important for wall zones.

Note: If the boundary conditions are not checked and some remain uninitialized, the case will not run successfully.

When the read-bc feature is not used, all boundary conditions get the default settings when a mesh file is imported, allowing the case to run with the default values.

If you want FLUENT to apply a set of conditions to multiple zones with similar names, or to a single zone with a name you are not sure of in advance, you can edit the boundary-condition file saved with the write-bc command to include wildcards ( *) within the zone names. For example, if you want to apply a particular set of conditions to wall-12, wall-15, and wall-17 in your current model, edit the boundary-condition file so that the zone name associated with the desired conditions is wall-*.

CAUTION:
1. If you are using SCALE, make sure you scale the new geometry first before reading in the bc file.
2. As a practice, go through the panels to make sure they make sense.
3. You need to do these steps in SERIAL.