Author Topic: Error: > (greater-than): invalid argument [2]: wrong type [not a number]  (Read 27802 times)

Offline infocfd

• Searching for solution
    • View Profile
Advertisement
How do I resolve the following error: Error: > (greater-than): invalid argument [2]: wrong type [not a number] Error Object: nan in Fluent?

Thank you.

Offline william

• Know it, share it.
    • View Profile
This error occurs when FLUENT gets information from the Cortex (GUI). FLUENT is expecting to get the data in a specific format, but gets another. This generally occurs when FLUENT attempts to read a case file from a LATER (or very OLD) version of FLUENT. Typically, data structures are backward compatible, but only for the most recent version.

It is a good idea to update your cases every time FLUENT is released to avoid the problem associated with this type of software divergence.

If you have a very old case, such as a FLUENT 6.0 case, you may be able sequentially update the cases, but you will need all versions of Fluent (6.1, 6.2, 6.3) on your operating system.

Offline prasanth

• Searching for solution
    • View Profile
Hi William,

even though i am using same version. i am getting this message when i try to increase pressure at an ejector nozzle or add energy source. is it related to default control settings of limits?

Offline william

• Know it, share it.
    • View Profile
Please start Fluent using double precision option.