Ansys > Fluent

How can I get particles mean diameters at each cell?

<< < (2/2)

tue1984:
I figured out an easier way to compute the volume flux which is multiplying the volume fraction with the particle velocity.

William: since I have some problems with compiling udf on my computer at work, I have tried to interpret it but Fluent gave me several errors, e.g., "parse error" for the static variable, "undeclared variables P_CELL", etc. Is there any way to modify your udf so that it can be interpreted? If yes, please let me know how. Thanks.

william:
You will have to compile the UDF you can not run it as interpreted because it uses variables.
You will need to sort out the issues with compiling.

tue1984:
William: Thanks. Fortunately, I have fixed the compiling issue and it works for me now. One more question though: how do you get the particle volume or volume fraction in every cell? Is it C_VOF(c,t)?

Tue

william:
You can get an estimated solid volume fraction in a cell by diving discrete phase concentration with particle density (assuming that all particles have the same density).

This will be:

C_DPMS_CONCENTRATION(c,t)/P_RHO(p)

You may get a value greater than 1 in certain regions if your case involves dense discrete phase flow.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version