Author Topic: When I run the simulation I see that the particle tracks are incomplete.  (Read 4782 times)

Offline pitney1

• Searching for solution
    • View Profile
Advertisement
When I run DPM with inviscid solution, all particle tracks are incomplete. Why? I am modeling inviscid flow solution and want to run DPM to track some particles. In the injection panel the particle velocity is set as zero. Interaction with continuous phase is turned ON. When I run the simulation I see that the particle tracks are incomplete.

Offline william

• Know it, share it.
    • View Profile
In inviscid flow simulation, the drag force is set to zero, so the particle would not be moved by surrounding fluid flow. The particle will only be moved by initial velocity. That's why when you set non-zero initial velocity, the particle moves forward. In viscous fluid flow without interaction with continuous phase, the particle will be moved with local fluid velocity. In viscous fluid flow with interaction with continuous phase, the particle will be moved by the drag force which depends on the relative velocity between fluid and the particle.

When the option of interaction with continuous phase is on, the particle mass flow rate value on the injection panel needs to be specified, so as to calculate the momentum exchange between particle and fluid accurately.