Author Topic: I am getting unrealistic temperature and velocities for DPM particles.  (Read 3543 times)

Offline pico

• Searching for solution
    • View Profile
Advertisement
I am tracking the particles using the lagrangian approach. Sometimes the temperature of the particles exceed the temperature of the continuous phase. Sometimes it goes to negative kelvin. The velocity of the particles is also weird. I have coupled the momentum exchange terms in Fluent. Particles momentum and fluid phase momentum is exchanged once per iteration.

What am I doing wrong?

Offline william

• Know it, share it.
    • View Profile
Re: I am getting unrealistic temperature and velocities for DPM particles.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 06:30:39 PM »
If you set the update DPM and continuous phase source terms to update with every iteration then it is likely to happen. To compute the effect of the heat and mass transfer from the DPM particles to the continuous phase you need to do few more continuous phase iteration before the next DPM iteration. When the number of continuous phase iterations are increased to 10 or 20, the solution should be improved to get the acceptable temperature and velocity values for the particles.

Also please note that the particle diameter should be less than the minimum grid length scale.